United Way is making a better Ohio Valley by creating strategic, scalable solutions focused on education, financial stability, and health. These are the proven building blocks to a good life. Creating solutions in these areas moves people on a pathway from dependence to independence. Partnering with United Way is the most effective way to invest in our community to improve conditions and change lives. Together, we will make a better Ohio Valley.
in Community Program Investments in 2022
people served by United Way funds in 2022
LET’S GET STARTED
Together, we can make a better Ohio Valley! But first, we need you.
Your generosity can make a lasting impact. Let us show you how.
If influencing peers and policy makers is your forte, we could use your help.
Discover how your time and talents can change lives in a big way.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Statement of Principle
- We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
- We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
- We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
- We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Adopted by United Way of the Ohio Valley, April 19, 2023
2-1-1 is a contact center connecting people with available resources like food, housing, health care, senior services, child care, legal aid, volunteer opportunities, and much more.
2-1-1 also assists during times of disaster, providing critical information about evacuation routes, food, and shelter.
News & Events
On Friday, June 2nd, kynect resources in partnership with Kentucky United Ways-211, launched its Incentive Initiative which is a program that reimburses organizations for activity they complete in kynect resources. Onboarded organizations, also called Community...
Kynect resources continues to experience an increase in the number of residents and community partners using the platform, and we expect those numbers to continue grow. Although there are many systems that interface with kynect resources, United Way's integrated...
Credit to: Sarah Berthelot, President & CEO of Louisiana Association of United Ways and 211 State Leadership Collaborative Chair There has been an exciting development on Capitol Hill which involves 211 that will be of great interest to you and your state...