United Way is making a better Ohio Valley by creating strategic, scalable solutions focused on education, financial stability, and health. These are the proven building blocks to a good life. Creating solutions in these areas moves people on a pathway from dependence to independence. Partnering with United Way is the most effective way to invest in our community to improve conditions and change lives. Together, we will make a better Ohio Valley.
in Community Program Investments in 2021
people served by United Way funds in 2021
LET’S GET STARTED
Together, we can make a better Ohio Valley! But first, we need you.
Your generosity can make a lasting impact. Let us show you how.
If influencing peers and policy makers is your forte, we could use your help.
Discover how your time and talents can change lives in a big way.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access Statement of Principle
- We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
- We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
- We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
- We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Adopted by United Way of the Ohio Valley, April 19, 2023
2-1-1 is a contact center connecting people with available resources like food, housing, health care, senior services, child care, legal aid, volunteer opportunities, and much more.
2-1-1 also assists during times of disaster, providing critical information about evacuation routes, food, and shelter.
News & Events
YMCA BBQ 5K
Saturday May 13, 2023 Competitive (chip timed) racers will be in the front of the pack; non-competitive racers & walkers will stage in the back of the pack. Student Rate (18 & under) = $20 | Adult Rate= $35 There is a small online registration fee applied...
New Beginnings Charity Golf Scramble
Save the date! Join us May 19, 2023 for our 3rd annual New Beginnings Charity Golf Scramble! Get ready to have fun, play golf, and give back to the community! 100% of the proceeds from this event will help support our mission to elevate, educate, empower, and...
Stand Up for Families
If you haven’t reserved your seat, better do it now. You won’t want to miss this show. There will be a lot of fun, food, cash bar, and tons of fellowshipping! April 12, 2023 • 6 PM • Brescia University Gym This will be a night to remember! Local comedian, Layson...