|Teams in two categories (youth and adult) will spell their way to victory!
· Teams made up of at least 3 people and up to 6 people will compete simultaneously against other teams in a virtual environment. Everyone will gather via Zoom. An individual team can choose to gather together at one location, if they wish to do so, then join the Zoom meeting as a group.
· The evening’s announcer will say each pre-determined word for the teams and use the word in a sentence. The announcer then repeats the word one final time. At this point, teams will each be placed in a Zoom Room, with a volunteer (Worker Bee) in the Zoom Room with them.
· Each team will consult among themselves to submit their final answer (spelled word) within an allotted amount of time (30 seconds).
· The Worker Bee will receive their written answer and check it against the announced correct spelling. If the team spells the word correctly, it remains in the Bee. If the team fails to spell the word correctly, they are eliminated. However, the team then has the option to pay $30 to buy back in. $30 is the cost to provide 1 child with Imagination Library books for one year.
· During the final round (there will be 3 Official Rounds), one buy-back of $150 is allowed, ONLY if no buy-backs were used in the first two rounds. See OFFICIAL RULES for complete details.
· A team may not “buy” its way to win; victory must be earned with a final correct spelling.